Are you wondering what makes a charity good? You may have heard charities being discussed in the media. Perhaps you are thinking of making a donation or maybe you are considering volunteering.
Before you decide whether or not to support a charity, you may wish to ask some questions.
We have developed this website to help you ask the right questions, such as:
- What problem is the charity trying to solve?
- Does the charity’s approach to solving that problem make sense?
- What has the charity achieved to date?
- Is the charity signed up to any professional standards?
- Does the charity make information on its finances publicly available?
If you have any questions about a specific charity, contact that organisation directly (you have a right to ask questions about any aspect of its work).
- It does not have a valid CHY number or Registered Charity Number.
- It does not share its registered business address on promotional and fundraising materials.
- It does not have a landline number.
- It does not have a website.
- It makes vague statements as to its purpose (for example: “for Africa”, “helping orphans” or “for cancer”).
Do not part with your donation if you have any doubts.
+353 1 405 3801
Tel: +353 1 881 8888
Tel: +353 1 454 8727